Monday, August 6, 2012


St. George Getaway

We wanted to leave Provo for a weekend, and we needed to visit the St. George temple, so we took off for a weekend to St. George.  It was a kind of a last minte thing, which made it more fun.  We usually plan our lives far in advance.
We left early on a Saturday morning and headed the 3 1/2 hours to St. George.  We saw a couple of burnt, ugly mountains on the way from all the summer wildfires going on. 
When we got to St. George, we ate lunch at Subway real quick, then headed to the temple.  It was a historic and older looking temple inside, and it was neat to visit a different temple again.  After the session and taking a few pictures around the temple, we headed to our hotel.  I love hotels, so I was stoked!  We took off to the swimming pool first to cool off from the nasty 109 degree weather.  Afterwards, we walked around the outlet mall and went to dinner at Chilis.  We also found a road up to a lookout point and saw out over the little town of St. George.
Once we got back to the hotel, the evening was full of complete relaxation, ice cream from Mcdonalds, a cold room from cranking up the a.c., and cable tv. Did I mention I love hotels?  I think it was the highlight of the weekend for me. The next day before heading back to Provo, we stopped at the visitors center.  It was a successful, last minute temple trip, and I hope we have many more.


 


I had to get a picture with a palm tree :)





No comments:

Post a Comment